Re: Rookie Perceptions

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rookie Perceptions
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:03:56 -0700
(inside)

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>

> Jerry Mouton writes this stereotype:
>
> >Unfortunately some old timers really have a
> >misguided contempt for people who are not
> >running in top spots.

Not a stereotype, I have seen it and heard it on many occasions.
Never from any Kelly, however.   When you hear someone being
referred to as a "bottom feeder", you are hearing it, too.  This is not
only directed at rookies in my experience, but anybody who runs
near last.

> Interesting. I was told that my presence in B Stock wasn't really wanted
> last year, because I was "too fast" and that I discouraged the others.
>
> I felt that was misguided contempt, myself.

I agree.  Kill the PAX Class.

> I'll either run in B Stock next year, or in the AAS or Sac Cup events next
> year. My goals are to do well at the Solo II National Championships next
> year. Unfortunately, if that's your goal in SFR, you appear to be kind of
> bad guy.

Certainly never to me.  I'm 100% behind that as our Regional Mission
Statement.

Jerry