Re: Brakes at Laguna (was: c2 automotive)

To: navid@interwoven.com
Subject: Re: Brakes at Laguna (was: c2 automotive)
From: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:57:44 -0800
> 3) Spend 25% of your braking time getting on, 25% getting off and 50% at the
> threshold.  That makes for very smooth braking.  You use carry some of your
> last 25% into turn 2.

Yipes.  :)  Trailing braking an MR2 is pretty scary into 2... I tried
that and won't again...  But, yah, for most cars, you'll need to do a
bit of trail braking coming into to.  There is a patch of funky cement
that I use as a braking marker, when I pass over it, I count "one-one
thousand" and then brake.

> 4) Get on the brakes right before the crest of the hill before the
> corkscrew, lift at the crest and back on the brakes before the turn.  This
> keeps the ABS from kicking in.

:)  I like my ABS!  ;)

        -kit, using his ABS crutch