Re: hp, torque, and autox

To: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: hp, torque, and autox
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:54:47 -0800
It's admirably flat for a high RPM engine, but it does not reach
the flat area until 2750 RPM. The low torque from idle to 2750
could make for difficult launches. Looking at that torque curve,
I'd guess a optimal 0-60 run would require a clutch dump around
3500 RPM (just a guess, I could be wrong).

It looks a lot like the water cooled V4 4-cam 748 cc engine in my
Honda Magna, which has relatively flat torque from 3000 to 9000
RPM, but is weak from idle to 3000.

--
Michael R. Clements
mrc01@flash.net