Re: All Hail Mighty GS!

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: All Hail Mighty GS!
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:06:22 -0800
Pat Kelly wrote:

> I guess ASP isn't counted as high HP. Jeffrey Gordon, in his RX7T,
> turned fifth fastest time of day overall. Forget the index, that's soft
> for GS, at least.
>         Jesus, I don't remember seeing your name on the entry list...maybe you
> should drive the Coliseum before you condemn it.
>         I might also point out ASP ran in the last heat of the day, and
> Campbell's Viper (highest horsepowered car of the day) had a lot of
> trouble getting stick until his last run. It was cooler than earlier in
> the day. His first autocross in about nine months after a lot of track
> racing, which changes your perspective. Campbell's runs to not prove
> Jesus correct, but demonstrate that a calmer approach to handling the
> power is prudent. :)
>         In my opinion, the Coliseum was sooo much better than last year, I was
> really impressed. And it should only get better.
> --Pat Kelly

I'll agree on the calmer approach to do well at that site, Jeffreys
RX7tt is not as high on HP as other ASP cars can be, like Campbells
Viper and I'll bet he didn't use 1/4 throttle on his last run(where's
the fun in that), the RX7tt is narrower than a Vette, M3, or Viper, fits
on the "clean" line much better. The results speak for themselves as for
condemning the Coliseum surface, Yes, it's getting better, but still way
off of what a good asphalt surface will give for traction. I'll also
agree we don't have many choices for sites, and as long as SFR makes
money, there's no problem, right? Sites like Oakland just aren't good
sites to train for Nationals in my humble opinion, I probably won't run
many events there. However it is fun to go and watch people struggle to
control their cars.  :)))

Jesus
P.S. it's not fun to have a big bad Vette and get beat by a measely
little Miata. IMO (I have run on that surface, and I remember it) ;-p
(that's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek)