Re: fuel mileage

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: fuel mileage
From: kirk <kmeline@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:40:47 -0800
I totally agree with John.  And it should be mentioned that the higher the
elevation the better the gas mileage in a fuel injected engines.  Carbs don't
know how high you are and run richer so it doesn't matter except for the type
of gas.  Also timing plays a big difference.  I used to run about 23 degrees
of timing in the Mustang and when I went to Reno in the Mustang it felt like a
four cylinder car.  I backed off to 14 degrees which helped immensely.  I grew
up in Reno.  Carbs are so much better in the higher altitudes because they are
just plain stupid.  You can get away with very rich mixtures.  John you should
convert that Ford Van to fuel injection.  That would be worth the money.

Kirk