RE: Alignment shops?

To: "'Scot Zediker'" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Alignment shops?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:26:32 -0800
Scot Zediker writes..

>Amen to that!  Funny how at some time last year Katie and I >were comparing
notes and discovered that he'd given my
>Miata basically the same alignment as he gave Katie's...
>But then again, she can still kick my butt in anything
>faster than a pedal car, so maybe having "her" alignment
>isn't such a bad thing.

Hmmm... Most people who say stuff like that want something, but I'll take a
compliment any way I can get it. Thanks Scot! I don't think that's anywhere
close to factual, but I'll take it! :)

It's not really "my" alignment. The first time Jack aligned my car, he
explained that this was really the "Michael Butler Alignment." For those of
you who don't know, Michael Butler is a two-time National Champion in a
Miata, from San Francisco Region, since retired to pursue other interests
(like life. Some people do that.). So, I just nodded and grinned
enthusiastically and said, "Yes, that one, please."

Turns out, I was sitting next to Michael at a dinner party months later, and
I boasted that now I, too, have the Michael Butler Alignment. He said, "Oh,
really? What are the specs?" and I told him, and he said, "I have no idea
what you're talking about."

Huh. So, maybe it IS the Katie Kelly alignment!

Anyway, whatever it is, it works. Even if it doesn't, but you THINK it does,
then it's worth it. That's just my theory. So does drinking a Coke or two
before your runs. If you believe it works, then it works. So, yeah, you
might leave C2 wondering if positive camber is REALLY what you wanted, but
trust me, belief is half the battle.

Katie Kelly
If you don't know C2 Automotive, then you don't know JACK. Call
510-272-9869.