Re: Traction control worthwhile at 3COM?

To: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Traction control worthwhile at 3COM?
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:11:35 -0800
i am sure i would have cut a faster time in my street tired probe GT than my
cobra.  you can be utterly fearless in the wet and or slick with the former
car.  and now, after my first time trying to drive the cobra on wet, slimy
sand, i am unlikely to try it again.  my only clean run i used 1/5 throttle
at best, and coasted through the whole course, scared stiff to try applying
gas or brakes, or, indeed, trying to steer.  any of those three, no matter
how gently applied, resulted immediately in violent and unpredicatable slip
angles.

traction control i still doubt will help you, although some of the newest
systems do independent 4 wheel braking (porsche i think).  that could exceed
human control.

-james