Re: Traction control worthwhile at 3COM?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Traction control worthwhile at 3COM?
From: "Boris Elpiner" <boriselp@altavista.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:58:26 -0800
Under most conditions and on most cars TC is useless for autocrossing. Rob
Luis, Josh Sirota and I had "experimented" with my old M3 (OK we forgot to
switch it off on few occasions :-)) and on a dry surface we were 2 -2.5 sec
slower with it. On the other hand, I've tried it with street tires in a very
heavy rain and standing water and the TC kept me on course. I've attempted
to use TC in Topeka in 99 in the light rain in combination with G-forces and
that was disastrous.

I never use the TC in the Boxster. Porsche's TC is much more intrusive than
BMW's and completely useless for AX.

My $.02. YMMV....

Boris.