RE: Traction control worthwhile at 3COM?

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Traction control worthwhile at 3COM?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:59:59 -0800
I accidentally left the TC on on my first run (sadly my best run) and could
only do a 46.xxx plus a cone. It was the right thing to do, only because I
spun out on my other two runs without even trying.

I didn't think driving with the TC on was faster. Jim and I ran in the rain
early that morning in Marina without traction control. All you need is to be
easy on the gas and unwind the wheel, and you're fine. Driving in the rain
isn't THAT hard (except at Candlestick). After my first run at Candlestick,
I thought there was something wrong with Jim's car. I was flooring it
throughout most of the course, and there was no power until it would
suddenly kick in when I least expected it.

I don't recommend traction control during an autocross run. It helped me
stay on course, but had I maybe driven a little bit better, I might have
been able to do that all by myself.

Katie