Re: Stock Classes (was: Cheap Gas)

To: "INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net"
Subject: Re: Stock Classes (was: Cheap Gas)
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:50:10 -0400
RE: Shocks, etc.

        Please add in the answer to what happens if two (2) drivers claim a
third's shocks?
Or, be Solomon-like and split 'em in half, er, 2 for you and 2 for me.

        Back when SCCA was into claiming in its Showroom Stock road racers,
it was standard practice for a pair of drivers to pair up prior to every
race and claim each other's vehicles. As a claim had been filed, nobody
else could file a claim. Then they'd forget about it at race end.
        Never underestimate what SCCA members can think up. Writing a rule
without really thinking it through can create many, many unintended
consequences. We already have several of those in various layers of SCCA
Solo II rules. The whole Street Prepared rule writing adventure did not
forsee what eventually turned out.

There are several other "gotcha" things in there, too. but, later.

--John Kelly