Re: Thanks to Brock and Jack!

To: Ba-autox@autox.team.net, James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Thanks to Brock and Jack!
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:20:20 -0500

Message text written by James Creasy

"great course... fun to drive, and i hope we have more drag strip starts in
the future!

-james"

I hope we can reduce drag strip starts to a minimum. NOTHING tears up
pavement better than a succession of hgigh horsepower cars literally
ripping up the pavement.

The 90 degree requirement is there to protect against
                1) engine and transmission dumping as well as
                2) ripping up pavement.
Oakland is covered by a slurry finish. It is NOT of highway quality.

Having said all that, it was a truly great course, well marked and a
challenge to drive. It was fun, too!
It fit all the standards developed over the years that keeps people from
getting lost and coming back for the next event, which will be Sunday, Dec.
16, 2001 at the Oakland Coliseum.
Reminder: Nov. 24 has been cancelled.

--John Kelly