Re: Thanks to Brock and Jack!

To: Ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks to Brock and Jack!
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:23:28 EST
In a message dated 11/12/01 9:22:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
76067.1750@compuserve.com writes:

> I hope we can reduce drag strip starts to a minimum. NOTHING tears up
> pavement better than a succession of hgigh horsepower cars literally
> ripping up the pavement.
>
> The 90 degree requirement is there to protect against
>                 1) engine and transmission dumping as well as
>                 2) ripping up pavement.
> Oakland is covered by a slurry finish. It is NOT of highway quality.

I'll take the blame for the 75 degree start, as opposed to a full 90.  I
thought it was safer than coming back closer to the South fence...  I also
think that the same start at GGF would not have been flat out.  My mistake in
not realizing the available grip.

CHD