RE: The hardest autox skill?

To: kirkm@zeta-idt.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The hardest autox skill?
From: Joe Ciarcia <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:24:51 -0800 (PST)
--- Kirk Meline <kirkm@zeta-idt.com> wrote:
> Take the fuse out of your ABS and learn the right
> way?

Oh so tempting... perhaps I'll try that on some fun
runs but... the STX rules don't allow for disabling
the ABS. It's definitely been something that I've
wanted to try. My Falkens are getting close to the end
of their useful life so I'm not too concerned about
ruining them with a little bit of disabled ABS
practice.

> Then you'll know the limits of your brakes
> before ABS confuses your foot. I always see people
> with ABS just slam it to the floor every corner.
> Thats a bad habit.  Also, brake before the corner
> not during or after.  Good luck.

There seems to be two schools of thought on that. I
generally try to do most of my braking in a straight
line but I have no problems with a little bit of trail
braking (especially on the entrance to a high speed
sweeper). As for braking during the corners... how
long has it been since you've experienced the joys of
turbo lag. ;-)

Cheers, Joe

=====
Silly little Yahoo advert follows...