Re: The hardest autox skill?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The hardest autox skill?
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:28:53 EST
In a message dated 12/10/2002 2:14:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
james@thevenom.net writes:

> > Maybe just me, but staying on the gas knowing that the car will stick was
> > pretty hard to accept, and often still is.
>
> staying on the gas is what ALLOWS the car to "stick". :)
>
> -james

 Yes, in my low powered DSP car , throttle oversteer isn't so much a problem.
 It's the sudden OMIGOD there's a bend ahead that causes my right foot to act
stupid, let up a bit too much.... and were looking at where we just came
from.  I'm getting a bit better with this.  The braking is certainly
important as everyone says, but my tiny 10 inch rotors on 3000 lb car only
does a mediocre job anyway, so I work on the other aspects.

Riding with fast drivers (thanks Ben) has seriously opened my eyes to a
higher level of achievement, of course perpetually trying to achieve it :)

Don