Re: The hardest autox skill?

To: <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: The hardest autox skill?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:02:02 -0800
>when the inside wheel instead locks and goes into sliding friction, where
>it assists in turning not at all and braking only very little.

this called Flat-Spotting and is Verboten my car :)

there is the area around true threshold braking where the tire is sliding
some but turning some- it is here it makes the most traction, so there
should be more traction at threshold, thus helping to equalizing the total
braking and increase traction on the inside front.  (in theory!- HA!)

however i repeat that brakes and braking arent that important.  i had a
twisted brake line to the rear of my car- so i drove all of last season with
virtually no rear brakes.  bah humbug, i fixed it and the braking is better,
but i still dont think it matters much.  im going to win or lose based on
what i do with the gas, not with the brake.

people think- gas and brake, 50%/50% importance.  WRONG!  gas and brake,
90%/10% importance.  (just make sure you slow down too soon, not too late)

-james
OSP - Opinionated Snake Pontificates