Re: The hardest autox skill?

To: "Vernon Head" <vlhead@pacbell.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The hardest autox skill?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:58:31 -0800
> My biggest mistake is
> usually trying too hard not to blow the run anywhere, and in the process I
> leave time out there.

i find the same problem in my car- the faster a car is, the harder it is to
force yourself to be aggressive enough.  backing off 5% in my car costs 1
second, which means 1st to 8th in OSP.  going 1% over means a blown run.  i
can only imagine what a knife's edge you walk in a kart!

-james

PS  oops, i forgot.  i left foot brake on a front wheel drive car and on a
turbo car!

keeping the gas nearly 100% while braking in a FWD helps the car to turn,
and you need to get on the gas before you finish braking in a turbo car (at
least i did in my brother's super laggy 1995 WRX)

still maintaining that braking is a necessary evil to driving technique.
get it done and get on with it!  :)