Re: Sways, How much bar is too much bar?

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sways, How much bar is too much bar?
From: SFRASER1234@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:33:45 -0400
I can tell you first hand from Richard V. DSP E30 BMW (different suspension but
same problems). The car is coil-overed with an ok suspension set-up.

We started with aftermarket sway bars, the car felt, ok yet slightly sideways.
We first jumped to the largest front bar we could find, and had a the same rear
bar. The BMW was starting to work better yet it would spin the rear inside.
Next we install the Quaiffe diff. On a good surface the car would spin the rear
inside tire (with the quaiffe diff.). We ended up tightening the front bar as
tight as possible and loosening the rear, better but still wheel spin. We ended
up completely removing the rear sway bar and the car finally started to work.

So in other words I agree with Peter, but would start slightly farther. Take 1
of the links off the rear sway bar (disconnect it) and try it on a good surface.

Good Luck,
Scott Fraser