Fear and Loathing in AP

To: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>,
Subject: Fear and Loathing in AP
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:44:36 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
To: "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 6:36 AM
Subject: Re: FFR in AP

> Maybe they could add a ca-jillion pounds, mandate smaller wheels and run
in
> DP. It works for the Miata which is an AP car, right?

Miatas are now listed in both AP and DP.  For AP, you get larger wheels
(same as it used to run in DP, IIRC), unrestricted induction and a miimum
weight impossible to achieve without compromising the car's structural
integrity.

For DP, you get tiny wheels, minimum weight barely below what the car weighs
stock (my daily-driver '91 is already close to min for a 1.8L car, with a
full interior!), and your choice of stock FI or carburetors.