Re: Fear and Loathing in AP

To: "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fear and Loathing in AP
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:19:45 -0700
I had heard that they were keeping 15" wheels for DP, but I was just going
by what my rulebook said.  By "induction" I meant carburetion/fuel
injection.  And in case anyone here missed it, in my original message FI
stands for fuel injection, not forced induction.  And I was referring to DP
minimum weights, not AP (my car weighs around 2100 lb in autox trim
presently, so I'd have to ADD weight if I put in a 1.8L engine and went into
DP).

While an IRTB setup might not gain much on a CSP legal engine, it probably
helps quite a bit on an AP motor, where you can make major internal changes.
And for a DP car, when they say "stock fuel injection" they pretty much mean
stock.  Stock manifold, stock throttle body, stock ECU too if I'm not
mistaken.

But the lightest Miata I know of is the Whitney car.  IIRC, it began life as
a '90 and Stan once said it weighed about 1740 without ballast.  In other
words, the minimum for a 1.8L AP car, give or take a bit.  Having looked it
over a couple times, I have no idea what else, if anything, they can remove
from it.

Scot