grid procedures

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: grid procedures
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2003 18:07:34 -0000
Yesterday we had a run group with 2 karts, 4 2-driver cars and about 3 1-driver
cars. The karts ran first, then 2-driver cars once, then the 1-driver cars and
the process was repeated until there were 16 runs left for the four 2-drivers
cars. I calculate the event down time  at about 26 minutes although I'm sure it
seemed longer for the course workers.

Had the 2-driver cars been sent out followed by 1-driver cars then the 2-driver
cars again before the karts, I calculate the delay would have been 8 minutes
spread out over the group with each delay lasting but 30 seconds.
Of course, it would also have eliminated eight driver's opportunity to make
their last two runs each on very hot tires.

Am I the only one who thinks keeping the event continuosly running until there
are no more 1-driver cars and sending karts out after the 1-driver cars are the
wrong things to do?

I'm seriously considering refusing to take runs 2/3/4 in the future before
everyone has taken 1/2/3.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com