Re: grid procedures

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: grid procedures
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2003 20:35:03 -0000
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 14:56:02 EDT Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> Let me get this straight...  the first drivers, the single drivers and the
> karts made all of their runs, THEN the 2nd drivers
started their 1st runs?

No, I actually don't know when the 1st and 2nd drivers swapped. Assuming the
codrivers swapped properly, the actual run order was:

karts
1st drivers
single drivers

karts
2nd drivers
single drivers

The single drivers were done with 4 runs remaining on each 2-driver car. This
is common practice when the group is unbalanced, does nothing to speed up the
event, and tends to be counterproductive from what I have observed.

I think the karts should go after the 2-driver cars so the two course clearing
delays can be used as driver change over time instead of having the 2-drivers
cars ready to go but sitting on grid while the karts run.

I'd had good success with this running order:

1st drivers
single drivers
2nd drivers
karts

I read supp 32 as applying to everyone, not just the drivers of multiple-driver
cars.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com