Re: grid procedures

To: osp13@mybluelight.com
Subject: Re: grid procedures
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:05:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/03 1:35:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
osp13@mybluelight.com writes:

> I think the karts should go after the 2-driver cars so the two course
> clearing delays can be used as driver change over time instead of having the
> 2-drivers cars ready to go but sitting on grid while the karts run.
>
> I'd had good success with this running order:
>
> 1st drivers
> single drivers
> 2nd drivers
> karts
>
> I read supp 32 as applying to everyone, not just the drivers of
> multiple-driver cars.

That particular run group has been run with Karts first all year.  Putting
the karts later in the run order to allow driver changes makes a lot of sense.
The supp does apply to everyone.  When I run grid, I'll hold the event up in
order to get all the "n" runs in before anyone takes "n+1."  This is an
important rule for competitive fairness.  Grid workers are given the freedom to
run
grid as they see fit, but someone should mention this to grid workers.  You are
well within your rights to not make your n+1 run until everyone has made
their n run...

Charlie