Re: don't send that gas-out message

To: "John Kelly" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: don't send that gas-out message
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:40:48 -0800
John,
Exxon and Mobil each came out of pieces of the old Standard Oil empire.  In
1998, Exxon and Mobil merged.
Some quick references on that:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business/july-dec98/oil_12-1.html
http://www.us-highways.com/sohist1999.htm
Valero came up through natural gas business, bought some Texas refineries,
bought an Exxon refinery, bought an ExxonMobil refinery, bought some other
refineries, and now owns Ultramar, Beacon, Total, Diamond Shamrock, and Valero
stations for the most part.  So not all Valero stuff was Exxon or Mobil,
though much of it here in California _was_.  They're not necessarily part of
or connected to ExxonMobil now.

I'm gonna quit researching it as it just gets more and more confusing....
Paul
p.s. and just to throw in something on-topic, has anyone confirmed that one
can still buy race gas locally?