Re: don't send that gas-out message

To: donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: don't send that gas-out message
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2004 18:16:46 -0000
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:05:38 -0800 Donald R McKenna
<donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Going back to the original post, the only three things that lower prices are
> less consumption, more supply or a combination of both.
>
> You know, that old economic rule of supply and demand

Unfortunately, this rule does not work without a free market. The single
determinant of the price of oil is the supply determined by production quota
allocated by the international oil cartel. The quotas were just reduced to keep
prices high despite an anticipated drop in springtime demand.

There be far more trouble brewing in Iraq than what we have seen so far.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com