Re: Autocross Injuries (was: Re: Navid Sighting?)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocross Injuries (was: Re: Navid Sighting?)
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:15:58 -0700 (PDT)
The first time I took my C5 to DeAnza, I carefully got my seat positioned
just so, knees wedged under the console.  Right before going out on course
I put the heat on high to help engine cooling.  Just as I came to the
front straight at the end of the practice lap, I realized that the
Corvette had a previously unidentified air vent right on the console that
my right leg was pressed against.

Without a lot of time or concentration to spare (as DaD participants will
recognize) for frivolities like adjusting the climate control, I succeeded
in completing the two timed laps before leaping out of the car and pouring
a bottle of water over what proved to be a second-degree burn on my leg.
I still have a scar about double the size of a quarter.

In retrospect, during the run it wasn't the pain that was so bad, it's
that the delicious grilling smell of my leg kept making me hungry...  ;)

KeS