RE: Chassis stiffness (revisited...)

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Chassis stiffness (revisited...)
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:08:04 -0500
On Friday, November 21, 1997 6:07 PM, GLCurley@aol.com
[SMTP:GLCurley@aol.com] wrote:
> Hi Phil,
> Last summer at the meet I talked briefly to Terry Tanner about the front
> suspension. I wanted it to handle more on par with my RX7s. He said
something

That's funny - the benchmark I'm using is that I'd like the car to handle
as well as my '88 RX-7 GX. ;)

> about replacing with a NASCAR setup.  I'm not familiar with exactly what
this
> would consist of, e.g, rack and pinion, etc., but he said the parts were
only
> around $2,000 or so if I understood correctly.  My 221 car is going to be

Well, I don't know what he considers a "NASCAR setup", but I'm pretty sure
that I don't need no-poly sperical joints, tubular a-arms, etc... I have a
feeling he was pushing the point a bit ;)

> custom, so eventually I will be looking to do this or something similar.
>  Have you run your ideas past Terry?  Why not just mail your posting to
him
> for input?  I am sure there are a lot of people who want handling more on

Maybe I'll give him a ring, and talk to my chassis fabrication guys (they
build race cars too) and post back here what I learn...

> par with our regular cars, so whatever you come up with with will
certainly
> be an inspiration.  Good luck.

Thanks.
--