Re: Headlight Conversion

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight Conversion
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:02:32 -0400
After owning both an Rx-7 and a Fiero, let me say first that these units
have little in common.  The nice thing about the RX-7's is that you can open
in manually with little effort.  However, they have some inherent
weaknesses.  Ok, one thing in common, they both have some problems with
plastic innards like gears.  These replacement parts are not usually found
at your local Pep Boys either.  You may want to look into TT's air
conversion kits which have all the parts included, or consider a more
reliable headlight system, like maybe an early vette's.  At least
replacement parts for the latter are readily available.  This is just my
$0.02 and worth every penny.  Thinking about either my Fiero's or Rx-7's
headlights still gives me shudders(!$#*!%#!)..one up, one down, on up, one
down....  Of course, the worst ever had to be the very early B 74's!

stephan #2821