Re: Headlight Conversion

To: mitwelt@bellsouth.net, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlight Conversion
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 22:26:55 EDT
Since 1981 I have owned about 15 RX-7's, raced and driven over 100's of
thousands of miles, and have NEVER had a headlight malfunction.  That fact
made me consider adapting the RX-7 lights to a Bricklin about 3 years ago
(#489 was missing the entire assemblies) but decided there was really no need
to engineer another solution since TT had come up with the pneumatic lights.
Maybe for a total custom restoration it would be a good idea though.
As for Corvette headlights, those are not exactly the most reliable, and many
Bricklins already have Corvette actuators.  Their geometry is not correct,
and although they did work ok for me, I've since switched to Bricklin
actuators.

George Curley #670, 220