Re: Headlight Conversion

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>, <GLCurley@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Conversion
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 01:05:26 -0400
Well, I can't disqualify your experience, only share mine and the fact that
RX-7 mailing lists and parts houses sold a good amount of headlight repair
kits. I had one of the first off the line in 79 and spent considerable time
with Rotary Engineering, Sun Rotary, etc. with modifications and obsessive
upgrades.   You may be extremely lucky, or others like me just very unlucky,
or maybe the difference was in night driving.  The problem appeared to be a
specific gear made of plastic that wore down and was not available as a
separate unit until aftermarket suppliers made one (we can all identify with
that experience).  Before that, we had to buy the entire unit, which wasn't
cheap.   What I loved about the RX-7's  unit was that if you had patience,
it was easy to turn the light up in a pinch and many owners appeared to have
both the experience and the tired thumbs.  BTW, as you can also see, since
we all subscribe to the list, a response to the list alone should reach all
of us, even the person you are responding to. Double emails just add to the
ever growing pile of flotsam.
    Lets face it, NO headlight system is 100%.  I mentioned the vette's
precisely for the reason you bring up, that parts are already
interchangeable with the OEM Bricklin.

stephan #2821