Pop Rivet Removal

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pop Rivet Removal
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:07:18 -0500
What is the best method for the pop rivet removal on the black ground affect
panels?  I want to remove these to do some rust proofing and check the brake
lines, but I do not want to cause any damage to the panel. There are already a
couple of cracks around some of the rivets.  My thinking is to drill these
out, if that is the case what is the recommended drill bit for these?  If
anyone has a passenger side panel in good condition I may be interested in
purchasing that.  There are a couple of chips out on mine near the wheel.  I
may try to do a repair in this area.  I am not sure how involved it will be.

I am hoping to complete the install of the second leaf spring on the passenger
side this weekend. So the rear should be close to being finished.  Shock cross
member, shocks and leaf springs.  Not much left there, but my wallet is about
$500 lighter.   My next step will be to work on the middle of the car for rust
prevention.

Greg 0036