RE: Brake Issues Still

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Issues Still
From: "Early, Stephen" <stephen.early@fiacardservices.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:16:23 -0400
Good example of a potentially elusive cause of a similar problem.

I'm thinking out loud but perhaps you could remove both calipers and
c-clamp the piston in place and remove both drums and c-clamp the wheel
cylinder pistons in place.  Then test the pedal.  Theoretically, it
should be rock hard with no travel.  If not, you know the problem is not
related to the calipers or wheel cylinders or the adjustment of the rear
brakes.  If that test is good, you could reassemble the brakes on one
wheel at a time, testing the pedal each time.  When the problem
manifests itself, you've narrowed it down to one specific wheel.

Stephen I. Early
Card Services Technology
Bank of America Corporation
800.441.7048 x74788