Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 90 13:46:24 EST
Scott Fisher writes about the wet HydroLastic suspension:
>I have never had a satisfactory answer about why the HydroLastic
>suspension isn't in wider use today.

I do remember seeing, in either an old AutoWeek or Road&Track, an artcile
(oops - article) about an engineer working on active-type suspensions who had
built a late-model Camaro as a test bed.  This car was, as I recall, suspended
on hydraulic cylinders cross-linked RF-LR/LF-RR.

Maybe not exactly the same, but was this system a relative of the wet Mini
suspension?  Anybody recall?

ed