Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?
From: mit-eddie!harvard!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 90 12:06:32 EST
From: yale!harvard!mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett (Roger Garnett)

> As long as were going into the details of the 1100 series, lets not forget
> a couple more badge clones- the Riley and (I think) the Wosley 1100's.

You reminded me of me Dad's first ever car, a 1959 (I think) Wolsley 1500.
(Me Dad didn't need a car until later in life.  Although he drove Army
lorries at times during WW2 he didn't pass his driving test until sometime
around 1969).  And of course there was a Riley variant.  The Wolsley 1500
was a great car and was built like a proverbial "brick sh*thouse".  Excuse
the expression, but it's very appropriate.  (We used to say the same about
the Morris Minor too!)  I always loved that car.  If I ever see one for
sale I would seriously consider it --- mostly for sentimental reasons...

>       Garry A. What was that comment about making MG Magnettes through
> 1968 ????. Isn't the last year around 60-61?

That was according to a book I have called "Famous British Car Marques".
What about the MG ZA Magnette?  And other Z? Magnettes?  Perhaps you were
thinking of these?  I'd have to check my book again...

> .... The last sheet rock and
> wiring goes up in Roger's Garage [SLCFWSC] this weekend, then it's time to
> "set up shop" ;-) ...
>    ________
>   /___  _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
>  /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | The All New:
> | |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
> | | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
>  \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
>   \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!

RG!  I love it!  Good luck with the shop!  (I'm envious!)

        Garry Archer