Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?

To: hoosier!sol@cs
Subject: Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?
From: mit-eddie!p42.f4.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG!George.Emery@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (George Emery)
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 90 09:07:00 PST
> The hydroelastic suspension was their main
> claim to fame. I believe the system linked the front right to L.R, and F.L. to
> R.R. wheels, in an attempt to balance things when cornering.

No, the hydrolastic only links from front to rear; it doesn't cross the car.
In fact, crossing over would be a detriment to cornering: inside rear wheel
lifts causing the outside front wheel to dip further causing the inside rear
wheel to lift...  Great inducement to roll the car!
--
George Emery - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
            UUCP: ...!{uunet!oresoft, tektronix!reed}!busker!4.42!George.Emery