Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: 1100's, New British Roadster?
From: "Ralph E. Droms" <mit-eddie!CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu!droms%perseus.bucknell.edu@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 12:54:59 EST
Two more MG1100 notes: first, parking on an incline and holding with
the parking brake demonstrates the hydroelastic suspension; the car
will tend to settle out toward level (as much as possible) as the
fluid sloshes between the interconnected suspension reservoirs.
Second, we found out (one Mischief Night) that an MG1100 can be turned
up on its side without damage.  Turns out some local pranksters lifted
the car up on the driver's side over night.  Next AM we gave it a
shove and bounced it down on the wheels again.  Only apparent damage
was a dented hupcap (the car had been parked on the grass).  The
clutch is on the passenger's side ... dunno if turning it up on that
side would have caused any leakage problems.

- Ralph