Re: The Prisoner/Lotus

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: The Prisoner/Lotus
From: mit-eddie!sco.COM!sam@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Sam Sjogren)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 90 13:05:15 PST
    From: uunet!EDDIE.MIT.EDU!mit-eddie!bevsun.bev.lbl.gov!guy (Aran Guy)
    To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
    Subject: The Prisoner/Lotus

     For those that aren't aware of it, Alt.prisoner now exists
    on USENET. What does this have to do with brit.cars?

"What do you want?"
"Reliability."
"You won't get it!"

     Why, KAR123 of course!

That's KAR120C.

     That is, the Lotus 7 that Patrick McGoohan drives in the
    opening credits. (And in Secret Agent and a couple of films.)
     Was this a real Lotus, or one of the repro's?

Dunno.

     Whatever happened to it?

It overheated in traffic. (I think that I got that from the
episode "Vacation", or somesuch)

     I have wanted one of these ever since I saw the show as a
    kid, but money and opportunity never got close enough to
    achieve fusion.

Cold or otherwise?  The San Francisco SCCA Region newspaper, The
Wheel, has the following ad in the current edition:

"LOTUS SUPER 7, 1962 Series II, excellent condition, many spares,
1500 Cosworth, close ratio, very original car.  Looks and runs
great, has 11" rears.  In Fremont, call evenings (209) 544-8312.
It will be expensive."

     Oh well.

Sigh...

     Aran Guy  guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov