Re: British Parts

To: <british-cars@Alliant.COM>
Subject: Re: British Parts
From: Rod Barman <mit-eddie!ee.ubc.ca!rodb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: 30 Mar 90 15:40 -0800
>>I was wondering if there exists any information source cross-referencing
>>equivalent parts across british cars?  I have run into a few cases of
>>same part different cost (or not available) already.
>
>The Jag parts monger I knew in So. Cal. had a huge cross reference.  He
>had developed it over 10 years of mongering, and guarded it with his
>life!  It turns out that few good cross references exist without blood,
>sweat and tears.  So, this guy provided his customer's with an excellent
>service price-wise.  BUT, he was unwilling to divulge any part of his
>parts numbers list...  I doubt things have changed very much.  UNLESS
>BL finally got their act together, but this I doubt too.

The reason I mentioned this parts cross-reference topic is the
guy at British Parts had some sort of 'Lucas' catalog that he used
to confirm that the TR-7 and TR-8 clutch slave cylinders are now
the same part.  From what he said as he read his way through it,
it included Jaguar, Triumph, etc. -- even Rover.  I thought somebody
might actually have a copy!