Spitfire engine rebuild

To: alliant!alliant.alliant.com!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Spitfire engine rebuild
From: sgi!ames!amdcad!neptune.AMD.COM!zahid@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Zahid Ahsanullah)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 19:03:29 cst
Hi Guys,
        I just ordered a full engine rebuild kit for my Spitfire
1500. It's a 1980 model and my  question is, should I put
oversize pistons in? I've never done this before. Do I need to
put in stiffer valve springs if I do this? I am getting a whole
new set of valves with the kit. I'd appreciate all the help I
can get on this and please let me know if there is anything
I need to particularly keep in mind during the rebuild.
Thanks and have a fun weekend.

                                        Zahid