RE: TR6 tires

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: RE: TR6 tires
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 15:32:18 EDT
I'll repeat my offer of Michelin Redlines....
I bought a set for my TR250, they're originals that still have about 500 miles
on them, the cars been up on blocks for a while now. I bought them for $100-
$110, and considering the price of the replicas and that I'm mostly broke and
will need to get new tires on the car I'll sell 'em (and ship them) for around
what I paid for them.
I had originally bought comp T/A's for not much more than $90/each from sears
(excellent price but *DONT*LET*THOSE*IDIOTS*TOUCH*YOUR*CAR*!!!!), but it
turned out they wouldn't fit on the wheels I had. I went to Direct Tire,
Galen Street in watertown (excellent shop! Ask for Mike Brooks, he races) and
they had 4 redlines sitting in the back room for a good price, but they're
really not 1990 technology.