Re: TR6 tires

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: Re: TR6 tires
From: leger@Alliant.COM (Bob Leger)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 90 13:16:33 EDT
Chris,

I took a look at my Brooklands TR4-TR5-TR250 road test reprints.  It seems
from TR5 road test reports from Britain and from Austrailia, that the TR5 PI
came with 165-15 tires.  One could speculate that the change to 185-15 for the
US market TR250 was for marketing reasons.  I don't have the Brooklands
TR6 book so I can't look up what tire size the TR6 PI came with in Britain.
The Eurotire catalog states a measuring width of 4.5" for the 165-15 tire
with a min/max width of 4/5.5.  They don't list specs for the old bias ply
sizes.  The catalog is mostly a listing of what is for sale but in the back
is a two page chart of specs for a myriad of tire sizes.  I got mine with
some tires that I bought from them, but if you call their mail order
phone they will probably send you one.  800-631-0080

Bob Leger