Re: TR6 tires

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TR6 tires
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 09:52:55 PDT
        The TR6 (and TR-250) did indeed come with 185-15 (80 series) radial
        tires.

That's a pretty interesting piece of information. The TR-4A came with
165-15 (80 series) tires, either ply (Goodyear GP 6.95 x 15 or Dunlop
165/6.5x15 SP) or radial (Michelin X, but apparently not redlines). The
diameters listed are 24.6 and 24.96 inches, respectively (and they even
offered two different speedos!)

Since all three cars basically share the same chassis, that means that
the -250 and -6 have slightly increased ride height/ground clearance,
right? And that the speedos aren't interchangable? Anyone care to
speculate/explain why the change was made?

I can't remember what the max stock rim width is for the 4A, either 4.5
or 5 (my guess is the latter). What does the Eurotire catalog say about
those sizes? (And how do I get a Eurotire catalog?)

chris