Re: Fuses

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: Fuses
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 91 09:50:25 +1100
>Fuses should not normally carry most of their rated load.
>If they do they will run hot, and definitely fail after a while.
>E.g., putting a 8 amp load through a 10 amp fuse is no good.
>A 15 (or even 20) amp fuse is a better choice for a 8 amp load.

I though the whole purpose of the fuse was to prevent the current rising above
a given value.  It seems that the Moke's electrics have taken the hot running
fuses into account by specifying ones which blow out at about twice the normal
running current.  The question is, which "single rating" fuse do I use - one
for the continuous current (eg 15 A), or one for burn out current (30A)?

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |