Re: LBC's in tha commute

To: DSTONE@sc9.intel.com
Subject: Re: LBC's in tha commute
From: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 92 17:56:20 PST
         And I think I should get extra points for these being
         side by side: a newish Esprit turbo & a fixed-head TR7.

>From the sublime... if it was a red Esprit turbo with IRIS 4D on
the plates, there are about half a dozen of us who know who was
driving the car.

And while we're on the subject: I drove Torrey to school as usual
this morning, with the top down on the B (and still in awe of the
ability to converse without shouting, now that I've tightened the
exhaust leak somewhat).  At an intersection, we passed a red Spitfire
waiting to cross El Camino.

"Daddy, what's that red car?  Is it a MG?" she asked.

"It's a Spitfire," I told her.

"A Spit car?" she laughed.  She thought that was a great name
for a car.  Later we passed Burnett's, the Britcar repair shop with
the E Type coupe for sale in front of the store.  (Bad news -- it's
got the late headlights and it's $18,600, not $8,600.)  We stopped
there at the light for some time, so Torrey got to ask about a lot
of cars.  "That blue car is a MG," she offered.

"No, that blue car is another Spitfire," I said.

"Elmo has a Spitfire," she told me.  "It's red and it has a really
fast motor, and he drives it with the top off every day."  Elmo is
her imaginary -- uhh, her special friend that only she ever sees.
Elmo's grandfather, I learned recently, is Pete Seeger.  Her special
friend used to be Jamie, but she got rid of Jamie when he started
spending time with Cruella.  (Do other people's four-year-olds
have soap operas with imaginary friends who drive sports cars?)

And I just learned of a minor victory in the pedal-car wars: Kim
took her to the store and picked out paint.  The color?  Burgundy
purple metallic.  If I have any left, Miq, we can paint some trim
on The Page to make it match your street Sprite.

--
 "Do you ever wish you had a joystick with a big red button on it so
  you could just nuke the person when you send a reply?" -- Kim

Scott Fisher/sfisher@wsl.pa.dec.com/DEC Western Software Labs/Palo Alto, CA