Re: LBC's in tha commute

To: british-cars@hoosier, noto@twg.com
Subject: Re: LBC's in tha commute
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 92 09:03:00 -0800
Hmmm, TJ, you must have a very boring commute on #101 if you go ga ga over
seeing another B on the road.  THough it is NICE to read of a B owner who
might wave at another B owner.  I get maybe one or two waves a year from
other B owners when I'm tooling about in my BGT.

I had a similar experience the Tuesday on my commute.  Another Land Rover
on #17.  Of course in normal conservitive Land Rover owner manor, we both
nearly crashed our cars trying to wave, honk hoens, flash lights, grin, and
and drive around a curve on the hill at the same time.  Not two minutes after
I passed by the other Land Rover (it going twords Santa Cruz & I twords
Cupertino) I got passed by a Morris Minor woodie.  Just for the fun of it I
decided to keep track of other British cars I saw on my way in that morning.
7 - XJ6s of different flavours, 3 - XJ12s (including 1 drophead), 4 -Range
Rovers (none of them waved), 2 - MGBs, one TR4 or 4A (Black, looks like it
lives in Los Gatos), 1-E type fixed head coupe (#17 north bound).  Then I
got to the underbuilding parking lot - 2 rubber bumper Bs (one blue & one
green), 1 - Lotus Esprit (81), and the red Mini made one of its infrequent
apperences that day.  All in all, I think it was a normal number of 80 &
newer British cars, normal number of Bs, but the TR4, Mini, E type,
Moris, and Land Rover were the bonus sightings of the day.

TeriAnn
Now if only B and Range Rover owners would wave ....