Re: Need some parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need some parts
From: lydia@rosa.mit.edu (Lydia Gregoret)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 92 13:13:02 GMT
Bruce Carter writes:

>... I had left the bonnet ajar. Later, early in the
>evening I take it out for a ride to get some dinner/supper. Well the car
>was running very good... a fine little filly drove by and I did not get
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Puh-leeeze!

>a real good look, so... I stomped on it to try and catch her to get a
>better view. I was doing just fine and was almost even with her to catch
>MY better view, and all of a sudden I can't see in front of me, and I
>hear this noise like metal being folded very violently. OH SHIT....
>the bonnet lid has folded over the top of the car, and I'm doing near
>60mph. What do we do here? I can't just stop on a main road in the
>middle of traffic like most other half wits on the road. I pull into the
>next crossroad and begin the unfolding process. If only I had thought
>with the bigger head and smaller brain I would not have had this
>problem, and I would have ignored that fine little honey.

Serves you right, you drooling ogler!  I'll say you need some spare
parts!  ;-)

I guess you could argue that I could report all of my gorgeous hunk
sightings and you all wouldn't complain, but something about calling a
woman a horse irks me.  In fact, this whole chase scene reeks a little
of objectification.  I'd rather not read stuff like this on this list.

Thanks,
Lydia Gregoret
lydia@rosa.mit.edu