Re: TR-3A bonnet letters and medallion

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu, rush@mnementh.metaphor.com
Subject: Re: TR-3A bonnet letters and medallion
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 13:44:45 -0700
Ed

Whoa there partner.

Maybe someone did not remove the Triumph name from the front valence.

There was at least one series of TR3s made that did not have TRIUMPH on the
front.  Sorry, but I do not have my reference handy to tell you which
commission numbers.  If your valence (assuming its original to the car)
does not or has never had holes for mounting  the letters then they did not
come with your car.  You might want to pull the grill and check the underside
of your valence for letter mounting holes.

There are two kinds of letters.  the earlier kind is ribbed.  Their mounting
holes are paired either vertically or horizontally.  The later ones are
found on some late TR3Bs and are the same as was used on the TR4.  They
have ether vertical or diagonal paired mounting holes.

If the car did not come with letters, you might consider not adding them.
If it did, you can get the type and spacing from the back of the valence.

About the badge, you didn't say what your commission number was but
the black and red badge was on the 3A  until TS41873 (different red & black
badge than the TR 2 & 3 had)  After TS41873, the badge was blue & white.

If TRF doesn't have it in stock, Moss or Vitoria British probably does.

TeriAnn

Nice to have someone writing about TR3s on the net again