TR-3A bonnet letters and medallion

To: rush@mnementh.metaphor.com
Subject: TR-3A bonnet letters and medallion
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 23:13:35 -0400
   Date: Thu, 28 May 92 15:20:19 PDT
   From: Ed Rush <rush@mnementh.metaphor.com>

   Bottom line: with a TR3A or earlier, it had letters; with a TR3B,
   it's anyone's guess.

Well, pedantically speaking, yer pre-TR3A's didn't have letters
either.  There are actually 4 frontal medallions. The TR2 and TR3 ones
are red and black, and say TRIUMPH along the bottom (and TR2 or TR3 in
the middle top). The letters appeared on the '3A (TS22013). The
TRIUMPH disappeared from the badge at the same time.

   Speaking of commission numbers: my commission-number plate is in
   fairly bad shape, so I thought to buy a new one from TRF, but they
   won't stamp the numbers in it.  Does some SOL in the South SF Bay
   area have the appropriate die-set to stamp "TS 66235 L" on a new
   plate?

If not, many jewelers can do this. Some even will, while some get sort
of freaked out about what you are doing. I calmed one down once by
bringing along the old plate.

                                -john
John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu