Re: SOL identifiers

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: SOL identifiers
From: wms@spin.att.com
Date: Fri, 29 May 92 10:31:27 EDT
Subject: Re: Help! strange British pipe thread

I wrote:
>   It is about the same diameter as 3/8 NPT (about .650 across the
>threads) It has about but not exactly 20 threads per inch. The closest
>metric thread pitch is 1.25. It is straight, not tapered. It is used
>both as a pipe fitting thread and the thread for the compression nut
>on a 3/8 inch cone fitting.
>   Can anyone identify this thread?

   The thread has been identified as 3/8 BSP.F  .656 across the threads,
19 threads per inch. My thanks to all who responded. Now if I can just
find a place to beg/borrow/buy such a tap, I'll be all set.

Thanks a lot,
   Wayne Simpson        AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel, NJ, USA
                        wms@spin.ho.att.com
                        (908) 949-0482