Re: SOL identifiers

To: British Cars <british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: SOL identifiers
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1992 14:55:27 -0400
I think we've been through this, but it's been a while.

SOL identificators. Pros & Cons:

Grill Badge - Look good, very British car in nature. Easily visible on
         your car at a show. Good for use on car only. (and may be hard
         to swap between cars)

Decal -  Similar comments to Grill badge. Fairly cheap. Can be tough for
         those with little or no window glass.

Sticker- Somewhat universal. Similar to decal, but can be put many more places.
         Can be attached to Vinyl Cling or Magnetic for temporary application.
         Can also be Attached to computers, books, houses, people, etc.
         Buy several, put them on different things.

T-shirt- Large. Easily Identifes SOL person, as opposed to car, even if you
         are somewhere else, or don't have your car. Moderate cost.
         [but you may have too many T-shirts to wear at the same event, or
         it may be too cold or...]

Iron-on- Cheaper version of T-shirt, make your own, or make a flag/banner.

Patch-  -Fairly cheap and very universal. Sew-on, or maybe Iron-on. Can be put
         on hat, T-shirt, Polo shirt, jacket, drivers suit, flag, small
         banner, etc.  Can identify SOL person. Can also be put on car (flag,
         or on dash, etc.) Buy several...

Did I miss any?

   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!