Re: SOL identifiers

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu, Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: SOL identifiers
From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 15:51:04 EDT
->Grill Badge - Look good, very British car in nature. Easily visible on

        Hadn't even thought of this one. I like it. But Very Expensive.

->Decal -        Similar comments to Grill badge. Fairly cheap. Can be tough for
->       those with little or no window glass.
->
        Good, but only useful on glass.

->Sticker- Somewhat universal. Similar to decal, but can be put many more
places.

        I'd be up for at least 6 of these.

->T-shirt- Large. Easily Identifes SOL person, as opposed to car, even if you

        Good, but 'drawer full of t-shirts' comment applies here too.

->Iron-on- Cheaper version of T-shirt, make your own, or make a flag/banner.
->
        Never seen one of a quality I was happy with. Ever.

->Patch-        -Fairly cheap and very universal.Sew-on, or maybe Iron-on. Can
be put

        But difficult to see. Looks silly on car too.

        I would prefer to identify the car rather than me.

-> Did I miss any?

        Satin Jackets, lapel pins, tie tacks, SOL watches, cloisnee key fobs,
pens, bracelt charms, and tatoos all come to mind. :-}